Construction Sector

Sponsor Skilled Construction Workers from Around the World

Do you need to sponsor a skilled worker? We can help manage your immigration requirements.

Why employ individuals from outside the UK?

With a shortage of home grown talent, the construction sector has always looked outside the UK to fill those roles requiring particular skills or knowledge. This position has not changed, and there continues to be a lack of investment in the UK to train those seeking a care

Can any business apply for a Sponsor Licence?

The Home Office requires that any potential sponsor will need to satisfy the following criteria:

  • No unspent convictions for offences relating to immigration.

  • No history of failing to carry out sponsorship duties.

  • The business offers genuine employment that meets the relevant skill level and appropriate rate of pay.

If you’re unsure whether or not your business meets the criteria required, our team can discuss your position and advise you accordingly.

How much are the Home Office Fees?

The current fee for small companies to obtain a sponsor licence is £536, the fee for large companies is currently £1,476.

The fee for a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) is currently £199 per skilled worker.

The Immigration Skills Charge is currently set at £364 per year for small organisations and £1,000 per year for large organisations, per skilled worker.

How much are our Professional Fees?

Professional fees can vary from company to company and not all will provide the level of service you require.

Sponsor Licence Specialists can assure you will get end to end support and assistance for your business and the sponsored applicant.

Our fees are highly competitive and offer excellent value for the level of service you will receive.

For more details on our services and fees, please do not hesitate to contact us.

How long does it take to get a Sponsor Licence?

A sponsor licence application can take as little as 4 weeks to process, however this can vary depending on the quality of the application and Home Office caseloads.

Which roles can be filled under the Skilled Worker route?

Civil engineers

Mechanical engineers

Electrical engineers

Quantity surveyors

Chartered surveyors

Construction project managers and related professionals:

Building and civil engineering technicians

Metal plate workers, and riveters

Welding trades

Pipe fitters

Metal working production and maintenance fitters

Electricians and electrical fitters

Roofers, roof tilers and slaters

Electricians and electrical fitters

Plumbers and heating and ventilating engineers

Construction and building trades not elsewhere classified


Construction and building trades supervisors

Need more information?

Sponsor Licence Specialists (SLS) are a team of trusted immigration advisers and industry experts ready to help you and your business. We can help you meet the requirements for hospitality jobs with visa sponsorship in the UK. If you would like to explore the opportunities available please give our team a call.